Romantic!

It had been a rather rough month. What with my parents giving us an unexpected visit, our  son falling sick, her falling sick soon after. She had to also go to work and achieve important milestones.

My parents and their never ending taunts about how she was never good at anything, her culture, her ways, her actions, my helplessness, my anger, her work pressure, the constant bickering at home, she had braved it all. Yes, she did give in to her emotions, she did loose her cool, but anybody would have. We had for the first time slept separately for days at stretch. We didn't look each other in the eye while talking.

She is the woman I had fought the society to marry and now we were at the edge of the cliff. Our life seemed miserable and chaotic. We didn't want to come home, but we had no choice. I had to do something to change the situation before it went out of control.

Today, my parents went back to our hometown, her release was also successful last week. I have a surprise planned for her, to celebrate and appreciate her.

She screeched, she came running and hugged me. She had tears in her eyes.

She was still holding the note I had left on her dresser,

"Let's rebuild the lost fire, let's start afresh. Let's relax and de-stress.
 A romantic holiday for you us I have booked,  during which to each other let's stay hooked. 
It's the least I can do to help you rejuvenate, to have you in my life, I am fortunate.
I know this poem is pathetic, but I'm just trying to be romantic
So forget the stress and just say yes" 

Comments

Popular Posts